REVIEW: The Moon That Embraces The Sun
Posted Sunday, 24 February 2013 // 12:20
Firstly, I have to begin by praising this drama; I cannot believe the numerous times I have cried for certain scenes, this drama is incredibly moving. I would definitely recommend this drama to those who aren't afraid to cry for a fictional story.
I understand I am behind the hype and have forgone the moment when all were captivated by this drama, but I believe all The Moon That Embraces The Sun
fans will still be able to recollect their memories of this drama and share their thoughts with me here.
|Some of my favourite scenes ♡|
: It tells a love story between Crown King Lee Hwon and Heo Yeon-Woo. They met by fate during the civil service examinations congratulatory ceremony. Their love blossomed since the first day they met. Later Yeon-Woo became the crown Princess as both Lee Hwon and Yeon-Woo wished. However, the darkness of this story begins early....
I will leave you to finish the story. I guarantee you would feel wanting to watch episode after episode just by the first few scenes.
If you have not seen the drama yet, please stop reading as there would be many spoilers discussed hereafter.
Tip: put a box of tissue in reaching distance before you start watching. ;)
- The young actors and actresses began the story so well, especially Yeo Jin-goo and Kim Yoo-jung. In my heart, I did not want the adult actors and actresses to replace them later on in the story. However, the adult actors has connected with their character as well as the young actors had.
- One of my favourite characters of this drama is the king's personal servant. I adored the King Lee Hwon and his relationship. I enjoyed watching the king punishing him, and the face he would pull after. It greatly amused me, especially when the king told him to make a snowman.
- I knew the king's half brother, prince Yang-myung would not betray his brother in the scene of the minister's rebellion. I did have sympathy for him that he did not know the previous king, his dad does love him and he loved Yeon-woo but couldn't obtain her love.
- I still do not understand the reason for Prince Yang-myung to die, he said he has to die because he did not want to cause trouble to his majesty. Is he the other sun?
- Queen Yoon Bo-kyung, I had sympathy for her. She just wanted the king to love her. I did not think she was the villain of this story. However, her younger self, when she was a playmate of Princess Min Hwa, it seemed she was very evil.
- King Lee Hwon gave Yeon-woo the other hair piece that comes as a pair in the political debate room.... I cried. Very touching.
- Seol died protecting her young majesty. That scene was moving, I did cry indeed.
- Prince Yang-myung and Yeon-Woo scenes are adorable, when he would flick her forehead and jokingly tell her she is ugly.
- I'm glad there was a happy ending to Princess Min Hwa as I don't think she deserves to be punished for long, she was innocently tricked by her grandmother.
My Favourite scene:
It definitely has to be when the fifteen year old crown King Lee Hwon met the thirteen year old Yeon-woo. I had to re-watch that scene immediately once I've finished the drama. That scene is the scene where the love blossomed, and I liked that the love was as strong as eight years ago when they met. It was truly touching.
There are many scenes that I love watching that has touched my heart but it cannot beat the first scene when they met, what is your favourite scene?
I can put my hand on my heart and confess that I have cried uncountable amount of times during this drama, you would be lying if you haven't cried once watching it. The scene where the crown king was watching Yeon-woo being taken out of the secret moon pavilion due to her sickness made tears spill like a tap from my eyes.
No doubt this is a 10/10
Finally, thank you Jung Eun-gwol
for writing this novel.
I would definitely watch this drama again. Maybe a few months later? I am in love with this drama.
If you have any dramas that is as DAEBAK as The Moon That Embraces The Sun, please recommend it to me. ♡